<< Return to Careers page
Position: Poultry Cutter
Location: 4787 Kinnamon Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Schedule: 7:30 am until done
Summary of Role & Responsibilities
The Poultry Cutter position is a production based member of the Production Department. The Poultry Cutter position is chiefly responsible for cutting, trimming and sizing poultry and beef products.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
Below is a brief outline of the essential job functions and duties, which may be adjusted by management from time to time.
- Use knives, cleaver, meat saws, band saws, or other equipment to cut and trim meat.
- Clean, trim, slice and section carcasses for future processing.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Remove parts, such as skin and bones from carcass.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Provide support to packing when needed.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent required, but relevant work experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Will primarily work in a production environment, and must be able to transition from wet and cold to dry and dusty environments without issue.
- May be required to lift, push, pull 40 pounds within an 8 hour or more period.
- May be required to stand or walk within an 8 hour or more period.
- Must spend time using hands to handle, control, cut and feel products within an 8 hour or more period.
- Must wear PPE such as safety shoes, glasses, hearing protection.
Joyce Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions are at-will. This organization participates in E-Verify.