July 23, 2020 0 Comments
|Joyce Farms Chicken Leg Quarters (2 pieces)||2 tbsp olive oil|
|1/2 stick butter||1 medium red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp garlic, crushed (about 4 cloves)||1/4 cup white wine|
|1 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced||1 tbsp thyme|
|1 cup chicken stock||1/2 cup heavy cream|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F
2. Heat the oil over medium/high heat in a large braiser. Season the skin side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken, skin side down in the pan and cook for roughly 3-5 minutes on each side, until the skin is crispy and golden. Set aside in braiser or roasting pan.
4. Add butter to pan, then add onions and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is just translucent and mushrooms begin to brown (approx. 5 minutes).
5. Add garlic to mushrooms and onions. Sauté briefly making sure not to burn.
6. Add the wine to the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan so it's more or less clean. Reduce wine until it has almost completely evaporated.
7. Add thyme and stock. Bring to simmer and pour mixture over chicken.
8. Cover the pan or braiser and place in the oven. Cook for approx. 15 minutes and then add cream.
9. Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken registers 165°F on a digital meat thermometer.
11.Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle some fresh thyme over to serve.