July 06, 2020 0 Comments
|1 Poulet Rouge® Heritage Chicken from Joyce Farms, cut into 8 pieces||1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 cups all-purpose flour||1 tsp granulated garlic|
|1 cup corn meal||1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 tbsp salt||Canola oil (enough to fill skillet to about 1 inch deep)|
|1 tsp black pepper|
WARNING: Oil will burn if there are open flames.
1. Mix flour and corn meal in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic to flour/corn meal and mix.
3. Toss chicken pieces in mixture until coated.
4. Add oil to skillet (about 1 inch deep) and heat to 325-350°F.
5. Gently place chicken into skillet. Flip pieces frequently until golden brown, and internal temperature reads at least 165°F.
6. Plate and serve!