2019 Fall Farm Tour - September 9-10, 2019
Please read this page carefully! If you are able to attend, please complete the registration form at the bottom of this page, NO LATER THAN Monday, July 15th.
PLANNING YOUR TRAVEL:
- We will book your room upon completion of the registration form
- Cambria Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport
- 300 Airgate Dr
- Morrisville, NC 27560
- (919) 361-3311
- Hotel check-in time is 3:00 pm EST on Monday, September 9th. We will leave the hotel for dinner at 5:30 pm, so please plan your travel accordingly.
Airport Information (if flying):
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- For departing flights on Tuesday, September 10th, the bus will stop at RDU Airport at 5:45 pm, so please do not plan to fly out before 7:00 pm.
- The hotel is only minutes away from the airport and there is a free shuttle service available by calling the hotel at (919) 361-3311.
- If you are departing from RDU Tuesday afternoon, you may load your luggage on the bus before we leave and the bus will drop you off at RDU after the tour.
Monday, September 9, 2019
- 3:00 PM – Hotel check-in
- 5:30 PM – Bus Departs for Bridge Club
- 6:00-9:00 PM – Dinner at Bridge Club and Joyce Farms presentation
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- 6:00 AM Breakfast – hotel lobby
- 6:45 AM Bus open/ready for guests
- 7:00 AM Bus departs hotel for Lemons Farm in Siler City, NC
- 8:15 AM Arrive at Poultry Farm, Seminar on our poultry genetics and history
- 8:45 AM Visit Poulet Rouge and Spanish Black Turkey houses and outdoor access
- 9:20 AM Bus departs for farm for Kenansville, NC
- 11:20 AM Arrive at farm in Kenansville, NC
- 11:30 AM Tour of the pork breeding facility, nursery, and pastured program
- 12:30 PM Pig Pickin’ featuring Joyce Farms Heritage Pork and Heritage Poulet Rouge® Chicken with Southern Fixin’s
- 1:30 PM Regenerative Agriculture seminar in the fields
- 2:45 PM Rainfall Simulator
- 3:45 PM Bus departs for RDU Airport
- 5:45 PM RDU Drop Off
- 6:00 PM Hotel Drop Off
PACKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FARM:
- Closed-toe shoes
- Dress for the weather (we recommend long pants, even if it's hot)
- Allergy Medications
- Rain Jacket (ponchos will also be available if needed)
- Bug Spray
Feel free to contact us at (336) 766-9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please complete this form by Monday, July 15, 2019 to secure your spot on the farm tour.